A Neurological Physiotherapist specialises in the treatment and assessment of people with movement and function disorders that have originated from problems within the body’s nervous and musculoskeletal system as a result of stroke, acquired brain injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease.
People with neurological problems can have a range of difficulties. These include muscle stiffness or spasm (commonly called spasticity), weakness of muscle, tremor, problems with sensation, balance etc. These symptoms can lead to problems with everyday activities such as getting dressed, feeding and walking or even maintaining a comfortable resting position in sitting or lying.
If you identify with any of the above, or you have any other mobility, movement or function related concerns, then you could benefit from a Neurological Physiotherapy assessment.
- We are here to work in partnership with people with mobility or movement related deficits to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Our experienced team of Neurological Physiotherapists will undertake a flexible range of assessments to gain an accurate picture of your difficulties, and then work with you to create a bespoke, functional, evidence-based and interactive treatment programme to maximise your abilities and to meet your goals.
- Peartree House prides itself on offering a pathway of rehabilitation from assessment to treatment and integration back to sport or work.
- We can also provide information, support and training for family members and carers.
- All intervention can take place at Peartree House Neurological Rehabilitation Centre in Bitterne, Southampton, or within your own place of residence.
Treatments available include:
- Strength, core stability and balance re-education
- Stretching and active-assisted exercise
- Facilitation of muscle activation
- Assessment of movement
- Promotion and re-education of normal movement
- Exercise prescription and progression
- Aerobic and cardiovascular exercise
- Sensory stimulation
- Complex tone and spasticity management
- Orthotics clinics and splinting (customised and off the shelf)
- Complex posture assessment and management/24 hour posture management
- Complex seating and wheelchair prescription
- Standing, posture and gait re-education
- Mobility aids
- Weight bearing opportunities
- Independence, function promotion and transfer practice
- Functional electrical stimulation
- Falls management/getting up from the floor techniques
- Activity and fatigue management; activity pacing
- Community and vehicle access
- Technologies to include Mira
- Classes – upper limb, standing and balance
To discuss your needs and potential costs please contact Karolina Wasilek on: 02380 448168 / 07921 897858 or email email@example.com