Providing exceptional rehabilitation, long term
complex care and community support.
Providing exceptional rehabilitation, long term complex care and community support.
Work for us
Sous Chef / Second Chef
By sending your CV, you confirm the following: I understand that any information given in relation to my application will be held by Peartree House and falls within the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. I also give my consent for my personal information being retained and used to process my application for employment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sous Chef/Second Chef to join our catering team. Experience working in a care or hospital environment is essential however, additional training will be provided. There are no unsociable hours, our chef hours are between 8.30am and 6.30pm each day. It is a full-time position, 4 days per week.
For further information about this role please contact Karolina Wasilek, Support Services Manager.
Peartree House Rehabilitation is a 38-bedded private specialist centre dedicated to the rehabilitation of adults with an acquired brain injury (ABI) and long-term neurological conditions which is based in Bitterne, Southampton. If you have what it takes to work in an organisation that prides itself on the quality of service that it provides and have a genuine interest in making a positive difference to the lives of our residents, then we are happy to hear from you. For further information on what we do, please view our homepage at www.peartreerehab.co.uk
Responsibilities and Duties
The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic individual to join our friendly and committed catering team. You will be responsible for maintaining the highest standards of food prep and delivery within the home, working closely with Head Chef. In your role you will assist with:
- Preparation of appetising and nutritional meals ensuring that they are delivered to service users in accordance with the approved menu cycle.
- Planning and maintaining rotational menus to provide choice, recognise nutritional requirements and to meet the agreed budgetary level.
- Ensuring special dietary needs and preferences of residents are met.
- Smooth operation of the catering department in close liaison with the Head Chef, to comply with the Company’s Rules, Policies and Procedures.
- Ensuring that proper standards of cleanliness are maintained and adequate, the safe storage of all kitchen provisions and equipment and assisting in the undertaking of internal operational and compliance audits.
Experience & Requirements
- Chef (1 year): Required
Please be aware that you must be fully vaccinated for this role (new regulations from 11th November 2021).
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
In return we offer:
- Access to training
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long-term service award
- Employee referral scheme
- Discounted staff meals
- Access to an employee assistance programme
- Onsite parking
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: £12 /hour