Providing exceptional rehabilitation, long term
complex care and community support.
Providing exceptional rehabilitation, long term complex care and community support.
Work for us
Senior Health Care Assistant
By sending your CV, you confirm the following: I understand that any information given in relation to my application will be held by Peartree House and falls within the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. I also give my consent for my personal information being retained and used to process my application for employment.
Peartree House Rehabilitation is a 36 bedded private specialist centre dedicated to the rehabilitation of adults with an acquired brain injury (ABI) and long term neurological conditions which is based in Bitterne,Southampton. We have a fantastic opportunity for senior HCA to join the team.
Are you a good team leader, organised and able to delegate?
Are you caring, compassionate and understanding?
Are you passionate about care and promoting independence?
Do you have what it takes to thrive in the challenging and exciting area of brain injury care and rehabilitation?
Do you strongly identify with person-centred care?
Do you hold a Level 3 Diploma/NVQ in Health and Social Care and have a minimum of 2 years experience working as a senior HCA?
If your answer is yes to all of these questions, why not join our team as a Senior HCA? This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly developed team. In return we will offer ongoing training, competitive salary and support from an experienced and knowledgeable MDT (occupational therapist, physiotherapist, psychology, speech and language therapist & support workers). We are very committed to the development of our staff and will support you to undertake qualifications such as Diploma Level 5 and brain injury specific qualifications etc.
Does this sound like the job for you?
If you have what it takes to work in an organisation that prides itself in the quality of the services we provide and have a genuine interest to make a difference in the care of others, then we are happy to hear from you. Experience is a requirement.
For further information see our web site on www.peartreerehab.co.uk.
For an application form please phone 02380448168 and ask for Receptionist or Remi – Manager.
If you just want an opportunity to speak with staff who work here or just to look around, please make arrangements via Receptionist.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To work in support of other staff in the assessment, planning, implementing and evaluation of care, and to report these as appropriate.
- To supervise care staff and participate in the delivery of care to the residents.
- To provide effective leadership to care staff on the day shift through supervision, support & mentoring and delegation in all aspects of care provision.
- To be responsible for assisting nurses with completing physical observations/other tasks within their skill level.
- To ensure quality care and support service which enables residents to be supported throughout their care pathway whilst promoting independence and protecting choice, dignity, privacy and safety.
- To lead in ensuring that holistic care is delivered and standards of care are enhanced.
- To communicate effectively at all times within the team, other health care professionals and with the residents’ families, carers/ visitors
Qualifications and Skills
- NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care (required)
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
In return we offer:
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- Company events
- Discounted of free food
- Wellness programmes
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: £10.74 to 12.10 /hour