Providing exceptional rehabilitation, long term
complex care and community support.
Providing exceptional rehabilitation, long term complex care and community support.
Work for us
Health Care Assistant (AM or PM)
By sending your CV, you confirm the following: I understand that any information given in relation to my application will be held by Peartree House and falls within the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. I also give my consent for my personal information being retained and used to process my application for employment.
Peartree House Rehabilitation is a 36 bedded private specialist centre dedicated to the rehabilitation of adults with an acquired brain injury (ABI) and long term neurological conditions which is based in Bitterne, Southampton.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our friendly and motivated care teams. You will work closely with other health care assistants, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech & Language Therapist and Psychologists.
Whether you have years of experience or just looking to get started in care, we would like to hear from you. Excellent training opportunities will be provided including being able to start a Diploma in Health & Social Care from day one of joining the organisation.
People who have joined the organisation will have opportunities to be promoted to Senior support workers and Nurse Assistants. Some have gone on to join our OT or Physio teams and some have used the opportunity as a stepping stone to management roles having been supported to complete their diploma level 5. Which one will it be for you?
The individual we are looking for will work 6 hour shifts from 8am-2pm. Ideally, you will work 5 of these shifts per week but please get in touch if you prefer fewer shifts.
Responsibilities and Duties
The job involves delivering care/support to our clients to meet their varying needs in the following areas:
- Personal care
- Assisting with medication
- Assisting with rehabilitation activities
- Staying safe etc
If you have what it takes to work in an organisation that prides itself in the quality of the services we provide and have a genuine interest to make a difference in the care of others, then we are happy to hear from you
For further information see our website on www.peartreerehab.co.uk
If you just want an opportunity to speak with staff who work here or discuss the post, please make arrangements via reception on 02380448168
In return we offer:
- Comprehensive training and development programme including fully paid for Diploma in Health & Social Care Level 2-5 (We don’t place expectations for you to remain an employee as its our responsibility to ensure all our staff are supported with their learning and development needs)
- Paid Mandatory Training
- Training in Brain Injury
- Competitive annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Career structure- you will have opportunities to work with colleagues in physiotherapy and occupational therapy which will provide you an insight into the work they do and potential to explore a career in these areas.
- We have a staff Well-being programme that supports people with face to face or telephone counselling if you are experiencing any challenging including mental health problems (also available to family members), critical incident advice & support etc
Qualifications and Skills
- Some experience in care is preferable, however training will be provided if you do not have previous experience/qualifications
- 6-hour shift
- Day Shift
Job Types: Full-time or Part Time
Salary: £9.41 to 10.53 /hour